Zoom on Dorval!
Dorval, May 31, 2017 – To mark the 125th anniversary of the City, the annual photography contest zooms on Dorval! Dorval citizens: are you in love with your City? Make us discover it from all angles and in the foreground!
Submit your photos under the following themes:
- Colourful Dorval
- Dorval Geared Towards the Future
- Dorval Between Sky, Earth, and Water
This contest is open to Dorval citizens of all ages. There are many prizes to be won! One of the winners will be published on the cover of an upcoming City Communiqué!
How to participate
All entries must be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com.
Rules and guidelines
- Participants must reside in Dorval.
- All photos must have been taken in Dorval.
- Submitted images must be in jpeg format.
- Images must be in high resolution: minimum of 300 DPI or 2400 x 3300 pixels, in an 8 x 10 horizontal or vertical format.
- Participants must include the following mandatory information in their email:
- Title of the photograph
- Selected theme
- Name of participant
- Phone number
- Email address (if different than the sender’s email)
- The person submitting the images must be the photographer and must own the copyrights. Submitted photographs must be originals and must not have previously won any awards.
- Only one photo per theme, per person, is accepted. Participants who wish to submit a photograph for each category must do so in separate emails (each email containing the mandatory information listed above).
Selection and photo exhibition
- All submitted photographs will be exhibited during the Dorval Celebrates festivities on August 13, 2017, allowing the public to vote for their favourite photo.
- In addition to a People’s Choice Award voted by the public, a jury, under the presidency of Cassandra Leslie of C2 Studios, will select a winner in each category. The winning photos will be chosen according to their originality, the quality of their composition, and relevance to the theme.
- All photos submitted for the contest will also be exhibited at the Peter B. Yeomans Cultural Centre, from August 31 to October 8, 2017.
- Prizes will be awarded during the exhibit’s vernissage held on Thursday, August 31, 2017, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. There will be door prizes for participants.
The registration deadline is Monday, July 31, 2017.
For more information, call 514 633-4170 or write at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City would like to thank the local businesses that sponsored this contest:
- Non Solo Pane Bakery
- Pâtisserie Fine Chez Gaël
- Coles (Les Jardins Dorval)
- Bijouterie Jean Guy Aubry