Any individual wishing to hold the municipality responsible for bodily injuries suffered as a result of an accident or for damages caused to property must, within fifteen (15) days of the event, notify the Department of Public Affairs and Registry in writing, providing details of his claim and his address. Failing this, the municipality will not be held responsible for damages.

In accordance with section 604.1 of the Cities and Towns Act, the municipality is not responsible for damages caused by the presence of an object on the road, nor is the municipality responsible for damages to the tires or suspension of a vehicle caused by road conditions.

To download the claim form, click here. (PDF – 74 KB)

Information: 514 633-4140