Hazardous Household Waste (HHW) Pickup
Two HHW collections are held per year, together with the collection of information and communications technologies waste, in the parking lot adjacent to Ballantyne Park.
For more information about the collection schedule of HHW, please phone at 514 633-4046.
Propane gas tanks are accepted full or empty. Any other empty container is not collected with the HHW collection. Open or leaky containers, as well as any 20-litre (5 gallons) container, are also refused.
The following are considered HHW:
- From the kitchen: oven cleaners, etc.
- From the bathroom: disinfectants, etc.
- From the workshop: paint (alkyd, latex), sealants, rust inhibitors, varnishes, oils, strippers, thinners, solvents, wood preservatives, acids, bases, oxidant, etc.
- From the garage: gas, fuel, antifreeze, brake fluid, motor oil, batteries, etc.
- From the garden: weed killers, insecticides, fungicides, pesticides, rat poison, pool maintenance products, empty or full propane tanks, etc.
- From the house in general: aerosols, dry cleaning solvents, mothballs, batteries (rechargeable or not), light bulbs and fluorescent tubes, charcoal lighting fluid, etc.
For public security reasons, it is strictly forbidden to bring HHW to the collection site at times other than those designated for collection.
Collection of HHW is for household waste only. Companies, industries, and institutions may hire, at their expense, a contractor for the disposal of their hazardous waste.
Aside from municipal pickups, there are many other ways for citizens to dispose of their HHW (oil, batteries, electronic equipment, paint, etc.) all year long. Here are some drop-off points near you:
Future Shop, Best Buy, and Ikea
Garages and Canadian Tire
Garages, Mr. Muffler, and Canadian Tire
- Visit: www.soghu.com
Barbecue propane tanks
Sale/refill points (ex: Canadian Tire)
Information: 514 633-4046
To consult the integral version of the by-law concerning the management of waste materials, please click here. (PDF - 101 KB)