Integration of Individuals with Disabilities
The City of Dorval endorses the general principle that the social integration of persons with disabilities represents a collective responsibility in order to obtain equal rights and opportunities, the full participation of persons with disabilities in public services, as well as the access to a maximum autonomy.
The objectives of the City of Dorval are to facilitate:
- the participation of persons with disabilities in Dorval activities (cultural and sporting events, conferences and exhibitions, various classes, and so forth)
- the mobility of persons with disabilities in our buildings
- the use of municipal infrastructures by persons with disabilities
- the participation of persons with disabilities in municipal affairs
- the transportation and the mobility of persons with disabilities
- the access to local community-based services for persons with disabilities
The City has a Committee for the Integration of Individuals with Disabilities in Dorval. The mission of the committee is to:
- Increase the municipal council’s awareness on issues related to the integration of individuals with disabilities into activities organized by the City.
- Raise the awareness of each city department on issues of access to municipal buildings for individuals with disabilities.
- Identify measures to facilitate access to municipal buildings by persons with mobility impairments, and determine the actions to take to favor the access to municipal infrastructures for individuals with disabilities.
The committee is made up of Dorval residents, municipal councillors, and representatives of the City.
To consult the pamphlet of the integration of persons with disabilities in Dorval, click here (PDF – 363 KB).
To consult the 2016-208 action plan for the integration of persons with disabilities in Dorval, click here (PDF – 1 MB).
To consult the review of achievements for 2016 regarding persons with disabilities (in French only), click here (PDF - 416 KB).
Resources offering services to individuals with a disability