Navette Or by Taxi
Navette Or by taxi is offered to residents, 65 years and over, by the Société de transport de Montréal (STM), in cooperation with the City of Dorval.
The Navette Or by Taxi transportation service features a 38-stop route within the municipality, including 4 new spots:
• 730 Dawson Avenue – in front of the Résidence Jules-Daigles
• Les Jardins Dorval shopping centre near the SAQ on Carson Avenue
• Corner of Sims Place and Brunet Avenue
• Corner of Dumont Avenue and Fénélon Boulevard
Local landmarks served by the Navette Or include main residences for seniors, the public library, the two community centres, City hall, and Les Jardins Dorval shopping center.
This service is offered from one taxi stop to another, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Seniors are free to choose their departure and return times within that timeframe.
Rides are done by taxi, however only from one designated stop to another.
Procedure to benefit from the Navette Or by taxi service:
- You must register 72 hours prior to your first request for transportation. To complete your registration, you will need to provide an ID card proving your age and address in Dorval. There are two ways to register:
1. By contacting the STM at 514 280-9055 (Monday to Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
2. By contacting Dorval’s Community Aid at 514 633-4100 (Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m.
to 4:30 p.m.)
- 72 hours after your registration, you may reserve your taxi transportation by calling 514 280-9055 (Monday to Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.). Your reservation must be done on the day of your transportation, at least 40 minutes ahead of time. It is also possible to reserve for the return trip within that single call.
- You must show up at the stop a few minutes before the stated time.
Registered customers can be accompanied by a maximum of three other non-registered people, as long as they pay the required fare.
Methods of payment and costs
There are three ways to pay for your ride when boarding:
- By showing your photo ID OPUS card for ages 65 and over that holds a monthly or weekly transit fare
- By providing an STM regular-fare or reduced-fare disposable magnetic card*
- By paying cash: $3 for regular fare or $2 for reduced fare*
* The photo ID OPUS card for ages 65 and over must be shown when paying the reduced fare.
Information about this service is also available in the Shared taxibus section of the STM website at www.stm.info. You can also contact Dorval’s Community Aid, at 514 633-4100, for a brochure and more details.