Watering Restrictions in Dorval
Dorval, May 24, 2012 – The City of Dorval requests the cooperation of its citizens to conserve water during the summer. For that purpose, watering restrictions will be in effect in the municipality, from June 1 to September 1, 2012, as follows:
- Watering is prohibited from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. everywhere.
- Watering is, however, allowed from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., as follows:
- Even civic numbers: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Odd civic numbers: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
EXCEPTIONS AND PERMITS
- Watering by hand of gardens, flowers, trees, and shrubs, using a hose fitted with a self-closing nozzle, is permitted at all times.
- Watering a newly installed lawn is permitted daily during the two consecutive weeks following its installation, with a permit obtained, free of charge, from the Urban Planning Department (60 Martin Avenue). A proof of purchase of sod or seeds must be provided to obtain a permit.
RESTRICTIONS AND SPECIFICS
- Watering on Sunday is prohibited.
- Repeated washing of driveways, sidewalks, patios, and exterior walls of buildings is prohibited. It is, however, authorized only once a year, between January 1 and
- Filling of pools is prohibited between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Watering on sidewalks, curbs, and driveways with sprinklers or automatic watering systems is prohibited.
- Washing of cars is permitted only with the use of a garden hose equipped with a self-closing nozzle. The use of a bucket is recommended to reduce water consumption.
Furthermore, some restrictions were recently added concerning automatic sprinkler systems, private water ponds, and automatic carwash. the For all the details on the watering restrictions or to consult the by-law establishing exterior watering restrictions, please call 514 633-4040 or click here.