The pickup of household waste is held once a week for the entire Dorval territory.
The exact collection day is THURSDAY for everyone.
Household waste is picked up between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., even on statutory holidays, except for Christmas Day (December 25) and New Year’s Day (January 1).
- Household waste must be placed on the sidewalk or at the curb, or between the ditch and the roadway, in front of the collection unit.
- It must not be put out before 7 p.m. on the eve of the collection day, and containers must be picked up by their owners before 7 p.m. on collection day.
- Glass must be placed in a rigid container.
Garbage collectors do not pick up:
- Dangerous, flammable, explosive, radioactive, pathological, toxic or acidic materials
- Asphalt shingles
- Derelict vehicles
- Tires. To dispose of them, bring them to a local car dealership
- Recyclable materials
- Hazardous household waste
- Residential, commercial or industrial construction, demolition or renovation materials or debris, resulting from work carried out by people other than the occupant of the collection unit
- Bulk excavation or landscaping materials such as earth, sand, stone, rock, asphalt, concrete, tree stumps
- Large objects (appliances, cooling appliances, chairs, tables, desks, commodes, mattresses, etc.).
Drop-off of Bulk Solid Waste at the Public Works Yard
Only owners of single-family dwellings in Dorval are authorized, with proof of residency, to drop off bulk solid waste at the Public Works yard located at 550 Bouchard Boulevard (open from Monday to Thursday, from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., as well as on Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.). The total volume of a load must not exceed 4 m3 or the equivalent of the back of a pick-up truck. Only one load per month, transported in a pick-up truck or a trailer attached to a car, will be accepted.
Waste accepted at the Public Works yard:
- Large objects
- Debris from construction, renovation and demolition, and landscaping and excavation material in bulk
Information: 514 633-4046
To consult the integral version of the by-law concerning the management of waste materials, please click here. (PDF - 101 KB)
To consult the integral version of the by-law concerning nuisances (sections on garbage at 3.1.5 and 3.2), please click here. (PDF - 46 KB)