Tips and Tricks
Did you know?
- that if every Dorval resident replaced just one ordinary light bulb by an Energy Star light bulb, this would result in a 293 ton reduction of greenhouse gas effect, per year?
- that by using cold water to do your laundry, you save the equivalent of 14,000 litres of hot water yearly?
- that a motor that idles for 10 minutes a day burns 100 litres of gas per year and produces an emission of a quarter of a ton of greenhouse gas effect?
- that at -10° C, 30 seconds is sufficient to lubricate your motor?
- that residents use close to 300,000 batteries annually? You can reduce pollution by recycling them during the household hazardous waste pickup and by recycling your rechargeable batteries at both community centres.