The fifth edition of A Tree for my Neighbourhood is now underway. Same formula, same price! So once again, the City of Dorval, in cooperation with the Regroupement des éco-quartiers (REQ) and Société de verdissement du Montréal métropolitain (Soverdi), invites its citizens to plant trees on their property to encourage urban biodiversity and increase the vegetation cover of their neighbourhood.
From April 1 to May 31, 2017, Dorval residential owners may purchase one or several trees for as little as $25 for regular trees or $35 for fruit trees. More than fifteen species of a size of 1.5 to 2 meters are available.
Interested residential owners can choose and order their tree(s) by visiting the website atreeformyneighbourhood.org. They can also contact the GRAME - Groupe de recherche appliquée en macroécologie, in one of the following manner:
- Online at www.grame.org/index.html
- By telephone at 514 634-7205
- In person at 735 Notre-Dame Street, in Lachine
Following are the terms and conditions:
- The orders must be placed before May 31 for a distribution starting mid-June.
- The trees will be delivered to citizens, free of charge, by the City of Dorval’s Public Works Department.
- Citizens are responsible for the planting and maintenance of their trees.