Outdoor Sports Fields
Opening dates for outdoor sports fields - Summer 2018 (PDF - 53 KB)
Here is a list of sports fields in Dorval. For information on renting any of these fields, click here.
Baseball and softball
- A baseball field of midget, junior, and senior dimension is located at Ballantyne Park. The field has lighting and is available for rental.
- A field for pee-wee level or younger is located at the Sarto-Desnoyers Community Centre. There is no lighting and it is available for rental.
- A field used for the Baseball West Island T-Ball program (ages 5 to 7) is located at the Jeanne-Sauvé Centre. This field has no lighting.
Softball fields have been set up. These fields are available for rental.
- St-Charles Park (lighting)
- Windsor Park (no lighting)
Three asphalt surface outdoor basketball courts of regulation dimensions, with no lighting, are available in the following places:
- Neptune Park (without lighting)
- St-Charles Park (without lighting)
- Surrey Park (with lighting)
Located between Dorval Arena and the Walters Aquatic Centre, the beach volleyball court can be used at any time without reservation.
Bike Park (Surrey Trail)
Located behind the Surrey Aquatic and Community Centre, the trail caters to all types of bicycles: BMX, mountain bikes, regular bicycles, etc.
For details on the Surrey Trail, click here.
Two non-lit bocce fields are located at the Jean-Paul Bernier Park. These are available to citizens, on a first come, first served basis, with rotation after each game.
A 3-basket disc golf course is located at Windsor Park. It is available seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Discs may be rented, free of charge, at the reception of Dorval Aquatic and Sports Complex (1295 Dawson Avenue) upon presentation of the citizen card. For more details on this activity, click here.
A lit football field is located at Academy Sainte-Anne.
Dorval benefits from five outdoor pickleball fields. Rackets and balls may be rented, free of charge, at the reception desk of the centre, upon presentation of the citizen card.
- Dorval Municipal Tennis Club (one field with permanent net)
- Surrey Aquatic and Community Centre (four courts with portable nets
Dorval offers two skate parks where skateboarders can practise their sport:
- Sarto-Desnoyers Community Centre
- Surrey Aquatic and Community Centre
For details on these parks, click here.
Eleven soccer fields (natural grass and turf) of varied dimensions are available at the City of Dorval. They can also be rented.
Full-size (11-a-side) fields
- Sarto-Desnoyers Community Centre (one artificial turf and one natural grass, both with lighting)
- Sainte-Anne Academy (one artificial turf, with lighting)
- Surrey Aquatic and Community Centre (one natural grass field, with lighting)
- Dorval Arena (one natural grass field – North field, without lighting)
- Courtland Park (one natural grass field, with lighting)
- Westwood Sports Centre (one natural grass field, without lighting)
- Jeanne-Sauvé Centre (one natural grass field, without lighting)
Mini fields (5 players)
- École secondaire Dorval-Jean-XXIII (two natural grass fields, without lighting)
- Aréna Dorval (one natural grass field – South field, without lighting)
There are three tennis centres (public courts) equipped with two courts each, in acrylic covered asphalt. These are available to the population, on a first come, first served basis, with a half hour rotation if there is waiting.
- Neptune Park
- St-Charles Park
- Surrey Park
The Dorval Municipal Tennis Club (located at 1350 Dawson Avenue), is a non-profit organization that promotes and encourages all levels of the game of tennis. Its philosophy is to make learning fun and to instil confidence and the love of the game. For details, visit their website at www.tennisdorval.org.
Trekfit Outdoor Training Circuit
A Trekfit outdoor training circuit is installed behind the Sarto-Desnoyers Community Centre baseball field.