To avoid disturbing the immediate neighbours as well as the community, certain regulations must be respected. Therefore, constitutes a nuisance:
- Causing or allowing to be caused noise while operating or running an industrial or commercial activity, or carrying out a trade or an occupation, in a way that disturbs the neighbourhood.
- Using or allowing the use of an instrument or device that produces noise in away that disturbs the neighbourhood.
- Executing or allowing the execution of construction work, or repair work on a vehicle or appliance, that disturbs the neighbourhood between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. Monday to Friday, and between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. on weekends and holidays.
- Producing or allowing the production of a disturbing noise with a sound level that exceeds the level of ambient noise by more than 5 dB(A).
- Using or allowing the use of a leaf blower during the following days and times: before 9 a.m. and after 6 p.m., from Monday to Friday, or before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m. on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday.
Certain exceptions apply.
Information: 514 633-4125
To consult the integral version of the by-law concerning nuisances, please click here. (PDF - 46 KB)
To consult the integral version of the by-law concerning dog control (section on noise at 7.2), please click here. (PDF - 22 KB)