Did you know?
- Did you know that if every Dorval resident replaced just one ordinary light bulb by an Energy Star light bulb, this would result in a 293 ton reduction of greenhouse gas effect, per year?
- Did you know that by using cold water to do your laundry, you save the equivalent of 14,000 litres of hot water yearly?
- Did you know that a leaky faucet wastes 10,000 litres of water per year?
- Did you know that a motor that idles for 10 minutes a day burns 100 litres of gas per year and produces an emission of a quarter of a ton of greenhouse gas effect?
- Did you know that at -10° C, 30 seconds is sufficient to lubricate your motor?
- Did you know that residents use close to 300,000 batteries annually? You can reduce pollution by recycling them during the household hazardous waste pick-up and by recycling your rechargeable batteries at both community centres.